Online Forum For Professional Bloggers
Celebs with the worst teeth - Printable Version

+- Online Forum For Professional Bloggers (https://www.blognigeria.com)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (https://www.blognigeria.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Celebrity Gossip And Gist (https://www.blognigeria.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Celebs with the worst teeth (/showthread.php?tid=12757)

Celebs with the worst teeth - FADEYI FELIX FEMI - 08-09-2018

Stassi Reid
Crooked, misaligned, gold, yellow, and gapped. These are just a few of the words used to describe some of the worst teeth in show biz. In an industry that's fixated on perfection, it's all too surprising when a celeb stays true to their own standard of beauty. 

Some of these stars have been flashing their imperfect smiles since the start of their careers, while others started out with perfectly fine chompers that deteriorated over time. Despite neglected teeth being a dentist's worst nightmare and a Hollywood faux pas, these celebrities haven't let their, um, unique smiles hinder their careers.

Lindsay Lohan's teeth were 'chipped and discolored'
Lindsay Lohan shocked fans in 2011 when she debuted a new look. No, it wasn't the natural redhead's blonde dye job that threw people into a tizzy. It was the appearance of her teeth that made the world shudder.

The Sun described her smile as "seriously chipped and discolored," and some attributed her gnarly grin to her hard-partying and drug use. It was very difficult to see the former child star in such a state, but Lohan seems to have cleaned up her smile, even if the rest of her lifestyle remains up for debate.

By February 2018, the mucked up teeth she was previously sporting appeared to be long gone. She flashed a set of pearly whites in a short video for W magazine. In the clip, Lohan recites some of the now infamous lines from her 2004 hit film Mean Girls — you know, for nostalgia purposes — but we're pretty sure what she really wanted to tell the world was: "New teeth, who dis?"

Johnny Depp's mysterious red tooth
We wouldn't necessarily coin Johnny Depp's career as a "fall from grace," but some say the Pirates of the Caribbean star has gone from heartthrob to hot mess in the blink of an eye. He was involved in a widely-publicized 2017 divorce with actress Amber Heard, and it was during their rocky marriage when his appearance — particularly, his teeth — took an unexpected turn.

In 2015, when Depp attended the screening of the film Black Mass with his then-wife, many were taken aback when he parted his lips, revealing dental work similar to the gold caps he wore while playing pirate Jack Sparrow, plus a mysterious red tinge on one tooth.

Depp's bridgework might make you cringe, but Hollywood is still knocking down his door. After all, a shoddy grin is nothing that an experienced prop department can't tackle. Depp was apparently fitted for a pair of fake teeth for his 2017 role in the film Murder on the Orient Express.

Don't ask Anna Paquin about her gap

Anna Paquin became the talk of the town when she was cast as Sookie Stackhouse in the HBO vampire series True Blood, and though vampires and teeth go hand in hand, the actress attracted a lot of attention for the space between her front teeth.

In an interview with Zooey (via Just Jared), Paquin said her gap-toothed grin is the furthest thing from her mind. "Interestingly enough, I don't really care about my teeth," she said, "but I think any woman on this planet could say, 'I wish my a** was smaller, my arms were thinner and I had green eyes not brown.' I think anyone is as critical as they have the energy to self-obsess, but I also know as an actress you are more limited if you interfere with your looks."

Paquin has no intention of altering her natural smile. In fact, she told Us Weekly (via The Hollywood Reporter), "I find it rude when someone asks me why I never 'fixed' the gap in my teeth!" 

Vanessa Paradis is a human water fountain
Like Paquin, multi-faceted French star Vanessa Paradis feels no need to mimic the cookie-cutter smiles of her showbiz peers.

In an interview with Harper's Bazaar, she shot down the idea of closing the gap between her front teeth. "Why would I fix them? I was born with them," said the "Joe le Taxi" singer. "I can spit water through them. They're useful!"

We love that she's owning the title of the world's first living, breathing water fountain!

Madonna is 'grillin' to tick everyone off
Pop icon Madonna has always played by her own set of rules, flashing an attitude that is equal parts blasé, lovable, and deviant — with the smile to match.

The "Material Girl" and her gold teeth became a hot topic of discussion in 2014. She told Ryan Seacrest (via News.com.au): "Yeah, I'm grillin' … It p****s everybody off when I wear my grill, so that's why I wear it." She also revealed she only accessorizes with her tooth bling when it matches her outfit, and that she "learned to eat" while wearing the dental apparatus, too.

We suspect it's a pain to clean out all the gunk that piles up inside the dips and grooves of a grill after a hearty meal, but at this stage of her career, Madge certainly has enough funds to hire someone to keep her mouth gear sparkly.

Anthony Davis' teeth commit a technical foul

Many folks are perplexed by New Orleans Pelican Anthony Davis' headline-making unibrow, but that's not the only aesthetic foul he's committing on and off the basketball court. The baller's bottom teeth have stirred up a lot of admittedly superficial hoopla, even from dentists.

Despite his scattered bottom row, it's his performance on the court that really matters. In 2015, Davis took his team to the NBA playoffs, and in 2018, he was selected to be apart of LeBron James' NBA All-Star team, according to The Times-Picayune. He's a world-class athlete, mind you, not a tooth model.

Charlie Sheen doesn't care if you hate his gold teeth

In 2012, while he was still playing the role of Charlie Harper on Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen told ABC's Nightline that he rocked some gold jewelry during his downtime. The jewelry wasn't in the form of a necklace or a bracelet, though. It was actually located in his mouth.

According to Sheen, he had a gold tooth put in back in 2010, but he made sure to have it covered up while filming the hit TV show. Why hide it? "I don't care. It's the other people that have the problem with it," he said.

But according to tabloids, the actor's gold dentistry wasn't just a flashy accessory. It was allegedly used to cover up the damage that had been done after years of alcohol and drug abuse. According to The Sun, one of Sheen's former lovers claimed his original teeth had "fallen out from partying" and TMZ lent some credence to that hearsay with this footage.

Steve Buscemi is afraid he 'won't work again' if he fixes his teeth
Actor and director Steve Buscemi is really giving the middle finger to the industry. Not only has he embraced the somewhat tired and wrinkled appearance of his eyes (which later turned into a meme and a blog called Chicks with Steve Buscemeyes,) he also has a mouthful of misaligned teeth. He's practically the antithesis of a Hollywood leading man, but does that mean he'll be running out to Botox his eye area or undergo costly dental work? Not a chance!

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the Emmy award-winning actor said, "I've had dentists who have wanted to help me out, but I say, 'You know, I won't work again if you fix my teeth.'"

His ill-favored teeth are quite endearing, and besides, who does the Reservoir Dogs actor really need to impress anyway? He's been happily married to the same woman, his wife Jo Andres, since 1987.

Tom Cruise's monotooth can't be unseen

At first glance, Tom Cruise's teeth appear to be in pristine condition, but upon further inspection, the Jerry Maguire star dons what The Sun has dubbed a "monotooth."

You don't see it? Look a bit closer. One of his top teeth is a bit off-center, shifting it to line up smack dab in the middle of his mouth. According to the publication, the shift in his top row of teeth was due to "so much dental surgery." 

We can't confirm that claim, but we can guarantee that from here on out, it'll be tough to unsee this so-called unitooth.  

Michael Strahan has embraced his gap, and you should, too

There are three things Michael Strahan is known for: his 15-year NFL career with the New York Giants; the drama that ensued following his departure from LIVE! With Kelly and Michael; and his charming, gap-toothed smile.

In a 2012 interview with Elle magazine, Strahan revealed he wasn't always in love with the divide in his grin. "I was really close to closing [the gap] up. I was at the dentist having him do mock-ups. I thought about it, man."

The incident happened when he was still playing professional football, and even as an athlete, he said he felt "so much pressure to be perfect." In the end, the Super Bowl champ decided to embrace his gap, partially because he didn't want to alarm his four children. "For me, I made the conscious effort to say 'This is who I am.' I'm not perfect. I don't want to try to be perfect. At this point, I don't think my kids would recognize me without it. They'd be like, 'Who is this stranger in the house? Call 911!'"

Long live the gap!

Ref:

https://www.zergnet.com/